Wednesday 10 June 2009

J'adore Dior...


Cheer up Lily, its a marvellous frock!
So maybe I'm just a little late with this one (blame my rather haphazard filing 'system', which consists of - so far - 5 folders, 2 bags and 2 box files of things I like, that I occasionally go through and coo at, but which are all supposedly destined to end up on here, be warned...!), but anway...2007 marked the 60th anniversary of Christian Dior's first official fashion collection, and the occasion was celebrated with the most sumptuous of fashion shows, once more the work of that favourite genius of mine, John Galliano.
You can read all about the show here, (and immerse yourself in 47 lush images of some of the most amazing frocks I have seen in a while), but at the same time, lets take a moment to remember that it was the House of Dior that created the infamous 'New Look', promising hope and optimisim for a war weary Europe, wrapped up in 20 yards of extravagant skirt... now that is something to celebrate.


My dream is to save women from nature.
Christian Dior (1905-1957)

No comments: