Monday 2 March 2009

She Who Sews, Wins...


Are you brave enough to attempt making up a John Galliano pattern? Yes? You have great big fashionista steel cojones? Well then, here you go. Ok, ok, so its not the frock in the picture above, more on that later...

I downloaded this pattern a couple of years back and I have to admit I've never had the courage to do more than stare wistfully at it on my screen. But it appears others have not been so cowardly, and there are pictures of their results that make me think, hey, now might just be the time...

Talking of Galliano (as we were), what a beautiful freaky genius that man is. Whether he is inspired by homeless people living alongside the Seine, or an aerial tour of Egypt (that'll be the one above, reviewed better than I ever could here), his designs never fail to take my breath away...and make me trill the same coo-ing noise I tend to reserve for exceptionally beautiful shoes (there will definitely be more on them later...)

Now I was going to cunningly link this into some chat about the costumes worn by Elizabeth Taylor in Cleopatra, but I'm afraid that will just have to wait...to keep you amused during the wait (which may be an hour, or two weeks, depending on how distracted I am by fabric!), why not try this.



Show me the clothes of a country and I can write its history.
Anatole France (1844 - 1924)

No comments: