Wednesday 25 February 2009

Gone with the What?


So I was trying to find a delicious Gone with the Wind costumes web page I once saw, if only to drool (again) over the wonderous confections I dream of wearing/being/possibly just stroking for a while. So I google away, and what comes up is the...ahem...loo-roll cover to the left...

Lovely yes, made by a company called Mori Lee, but many questions spring to mind: Do I really want to get married in teal? How will I get through doors? Has a bird pooped near my hemline?*

So, I eventually found the website I wanted to share, and its still lovely, Walter Plunkett, you were a man of true genius and fabulous style.

Now go find out which of Scarlett O'Hara's dresses you are. I am the burgundy ballgown, which (if you recall the film at all) probably says more than it needs to...

(*Answers: No, With Difficulty, I'm hoping its embroidery...)


I have always said that the best clothes are invisible…they make you notice the person.
Katherine Hamnett, 1989

No comments: